How To Ukulele
The ukulele also know an the “uke,” is an interesting instrument. Some may even call it the happy instrument because of the distinct twangy sound it produces. Not to mention that it’s synonymous with the friendly Hawaiian people where the instrument had originated.
The ukulele has also entered the mainstream media and is gaining popularity nowadays for a number of reasons, one of which is because it’s easy to learn. Whatever your reason may be, we are here not just to help you learn how to play, but to also guide you on picking the right instrument and anything ukulele related.
Learn more about ukuleles here.
Start playing the ukulele!
So you think you’re ready to start playing the ukulele? Well, before anything else, make sure you have the following:
- A ukulele - It doesn’t have to be expensive. You can actually get a decent one below $50.
- Ukulele tuner - It is very important to tune your ukulele strings regularly.
- Chord chart – As a beginner, you have to familiarize yourself with ukulele chords. But did you know that you can start playing with just 3 basic chords? ( C, F and G)
Once you’ve completed all of the above, let’s start playing the ukulele!
What you can find here:
- Ukulele tutorials – simple and easy to follow guides to help you get started.
- Chords – popular ukulele songs
- Tips and resources – materials you can use to further improve your ukulele knowledge
- Ukulele comparison guide - a chart containing information about different ukulele brands. (see below)
Before you can start learning to play, you obviously need a ukulele to practice with. Below is a comparison of the top 5 ukulele brands you might want to check out. For more choices, check out our Ukulele brand guide
RATING (5 stars)
|mahogany||24.4 x 3 x 8.3||0.77||4|
|maple||21 x 7 x 2.2||1.2||4.4|
|maple||21 x 7 x 2||1.2||4|
|mahogany||21 x 5 x 2||1.4||4.4|
|nato||21 x 6.6 x 2.4||1||4|